[FFmpeg-devel] Broken configure causes ffmpeg failing on Solaris

Santos, Arturo GE, Corporate, consultant arturo.santos
Fri Mar 14 17:33:27 CET 2008

Hi Frank I'm as new as you are in this.

And I also have problems with my Ffmpeg compilation in Solaris 10 Sparc.

The grep version that Solaris has not includes the -q option that is why
you get an error in the compilation.

I did this, to replace the grep version to the proper GNU .

vi configure

:%s/grep/\/usr\/xpg4\/bin\/grep/g

:x

Still after the compilation I couldn't see or listen anything after
convert from avi to flv. So I added "Lame". No I can hear the sound but
I'm not able to see the video.

Did you found the solution?

Are you able now to see the video?

Arturo.