[FFmpeg-devel] Broken configure causes ffmpeg failing on Solaris

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Mar 16 14:22:02 CET 2008

"Santos, Arturo (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <arturo.santos at ge.com>
writes:

> On 2008-02-29 23:11, Frank Liu wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I took the suggestions from this list:
>> "man standards" and set the PATH properly
>> ffmpeg seems to compile fine on my Solaris 10 SPARC box, but the
>> compiled binary doesn't work.
>>
>> I did some more research and found out ./configure sets up the wrong
>> endian for the SPARC architecture.
>>
>> Here is the line in "configure":
>>
>> grep -q BIGE $TMPO
>
> Hi Frank I'm as new as you are in this.

You also appear to be new to the concept of not top-posting.  Please
don't do it again.

> And I also have problems with my Ffmpeg compilation in Solaris 10 Sparc.
>
> The grep version that Solaris has not includes the -q option that is why
> you get an error in the compilation.
>
> I did this, to replace the grep version to the proper GNU .
>
> vi configure
>
> :%s/grep/\/usr\/xpg4\/bin\/grep/g

PATH=/usr/xpg4/bin:$PATH in your shell before running configure is
recommended.  That way you'll get proper versions of all the tools,
not only grep.

> Still after the compilation I couldn't see or listen anything after
> convert from avi to flv. So I added "Lame". No I can hear the sound but
> I'm not able to see the video.
>
> Did you found the solution?
>
> Are you able now to see the video?

This is the wrong mailing list for this type of discussion.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com