[FFmpeg-devel] MLP Patch GSoC

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Sun Mar 16 21:37:29 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 01:10:02AM -0400, andy g wrote:
>> I'm reviewing the MLP patch now and I realized that I'm a little
>> confused on what I should be looking for/fixing. Is the patch
>> functional at this moment and simply below documentation or coding
>> standards, or is it non-functional? Thanks.
>
> I assume it is functional but i did not test it. Anyway you should definitly
> test your cleaned up version before submiting to ensure it is functional and
> that you didnt break anything.

It is functional as far as I know. It just needs to be tested for
stability/security issues.  I think it's the same problem as the AC3
decoder where the coded values cause overreading input and/or
overwriting output buffers.  It needs to be tested with all the largest
possible values to make sure all the right checks are in place.  Using a
damaged stream and testing with valgrind will catch most of these errors.

-Justin