[FFmpeg-devel] What's Going On With x264 and GSoC?

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Tue Mar 18 01:30:43 CET 2008

Mike,

Ah, what happened was that ffmpeg was approved before VLC, so I tossed
x264 on ffmpeg with the assumption that VLC hadn't been approved,
because I thought all the approval letters had gone out and VLC hadn't
gotten one...

... and then it turned out both of them were actually approved.

I'm not exactly sure which project would be more appropriate to stick
with at this point--what would be your advice?

Dark Shikari