[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] comment mpegvideo_split

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Mar 18 10:37:39 CET 2008

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 01:16:34AM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently, mpegvideo split function causes problems with containers
>> setting AVFMT_GLOBAL_HEADER, mov and mp4 in particular, because
>> MPEG-1/2 in those containers are to be muxed normally.
>>
>> I don't know any particular usage of the mpegvideo split function, so I
>> tend to want to comment it, to finally fix this issue.
>>
>> Anyone see another better alternative ?
>
> After a few more seconds :)
> The muxers could just dump extradata for the case of mpeg1/2 before keyframes,
> that should fix it i think. Its of course a little odd to first extract and
> then put it back in the muxer.

That's an idea, though I think it also will complicate more mov muxer,
also it would assume that keyframes are correctly marked, extradata is
well formed, and current packet data does not already contain extradata :/

Does this split function will ever be used ?
I'll add a comment on top of #if 0, explaining why.

SMARTJOG SAS                                     http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312