[FFmpeg-devel] Amazing intrinsics improvments in gcc 4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Mar 19 19:20:53 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 07:07:03PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> I thought some people here would be interrested as there were various claims
> on gccs abilities and improvments posted here lately ...

Well, gcc 4.3 produces a (about 0.5%) larger code for my AVR
microcontroller projects (compiled with -Os) as well.
I guess the focus for 4.3 development must have been somewhere else :-)
(or it is just that .0 versions of gcc (and possibly most other projects
as well) are never very advisable).