[FFmpeg-devel] [Bug target/14552] compiled trivial vector intrinsic code is inefficient

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 20 02:32:32 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:39:18PM -0000, uros at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:

> ------- Comment #26 from uros at gcc dot gnu dot org  2008-03-19 23:39 -------
> Subject: Bug 14552
[...]
>         * gcc.target/i386/pr14552.c: New test.
>

> Added:
>     trunk/gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/i386/pr14552.c

Thanks, i was already scared that the inverse proportional relation between
version number and performance which was so nicely followed since 2.95
would stop.
Adding a test to the testsuit to ensure that mmx intrinsics dont use
mmx registers is well, just brilliant.
Iam already eagerly awaiting the testcase which will check that floating
point code doesnt use the FPU, i assume that will happen in gcc 5.0?

Anyway iam glad ffmpeg compiles fine under icc.

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch