[FFmpeg-devel] Beginner: What is the right way to start?

Chris Ribe chrisribe
Thu Mar 20 04:23:06 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Ashwath <itsmeash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I heard about FFMpeg first from the google summer of code.
> I am beginner to multimedia technologies.
>
> Could anyone tell me whats the right place to start learning FFMpeg.
>
> Are there any fundamentals that I need to know before starting FFMpeg?

I would suggest first becoming familiar with its usage, if you aren't
already.  A good place to start for that would be the documentation:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html

 It probably helps to have a task you would like to accomplish with FFmpeg.

Apologies if this is too basic, but it isn't clear from your question if you
know anything about FFmpeg.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer