[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2008

andy g agocke
Thu Mar 20 08:01:29 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:05 PM, Mike Melanson wrote:

> With that, I'd like to remind students working on qualification
> tasks to
> engage us and ask questions if stuck.

In that vein, I'm stuck. I've emailed Ian, but the latest version of
his patch fails catastrophically on all test cases I run.
Unfortunately, I cannot fix anything simply because he reverse
engineered the MLP codec, meaning that there is no spec for me to use
to debug it. Since I was hoping on completing a qualification task in
the next couple of days, I figured I might as well look for a
different one, as this one seems to be beyond my ability to fix. My
apologies, but I'm still excited and willing to try!

-Andy Gocke