[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2008

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka
Thu Mar 20 08:02:53 CET 2008

Hi,
I've been trying to get familiar with the codebase and have a few doubts -
1)In allformats.c one registers separately for a muxer and a demuxer. Some
formats have only a muxer and some have only a demuxer, and some have both -
do we have to put the code for the muxer and the demuxer in separate files
in the libavformat folder?
2) Does the second argument of REGISTER_MUXDEMUX stand for the filename of
the corresponding code?
3) I'm a newbie, so please excuse me for this one - how do I test the code?
Do I compile it and try encoding BFI(the task I'm working on) into some
other format or ... ?

Sisir Koppaka