[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC with FFMpeg waht a combination!

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Mar 21 11:03:13 CET 2008

Hello,

On 21/03/2008, Jason (spot) Brower <encompass at gmail.com> wrote:
> My favorite converter is in Google summer of code!  Wootness!
>  I am a python programmer interested in created the gui front end for
>  ffmpeg.  I did a successful job last year making a gtk application and
>  I think, with a little help, I could really make a special and unique
>  gui for ffmpeg.  I personally haven't seen a frontend for FFMpeg at
>  all before.  So I think I have my work cut out for me.
>  Is there a mentor already assigned or willing to take control of this
>  idea?  I would love to talk about some of the requirements for the
>  applications and share my ideas.

I don't think there is a mentor for this task yet, but I may be
interested in doing such. As usual with this project, I expect
cross-platform portability will be a fair concern. Ideally we want any
GUI to work on as many different platforms as possible. Maybe less of
a concern to many but I think it would be nice if it used native
widgets. Please feel free to make a list of suggestions here or come
into our IRC channels (#ffmpeg or #ffmpeg-devel on irc.freenode.net)
to discuss ideas.

>  If your a mentor for the project, feel free to email me in list or
>  person.  In fact, if you like, you can add me to your jabber account
>  too. :D

I've just added you on Jabber as I will be interested in the features
and usability of any developed UI, but I think people on the list who
are concerned about a UI would want to suggest features and ground
rules for toolkits to use, etc.

Regards,
Rob