[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC with FFMpeg waht a combination!

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Mar 21 21:49:33 CET 2008

Jason (spot) Brower wrote:
> My favorite converter is in Google summer of code!  Wootness!
> I am a python programmer interested in created the gui front end for
> ffmpeg.  I did a successful job last year making a gtk application and
> I think, with a little help, I could really make a special and unique
> gui for ffmpeg.  I personally haven't seen a frontend for FFMpeg at
> all before.  So I think I have my work cut out for me.
> Is there a mentor already assigned or willing to take control of this
> idea?  I would love to talk about some of the requirements for the
> applications and share my ideas.
> If your a mentor for the project, feel free to email me in list or
> person.  In fact, if you like, you can add me to your jabber account
> too. :D
> Excited to get rolling agian this year!

I have been monitoring the ensuing thread. As the FFmpeg GSoC admin, I
should mention that I don't find this to be an suitable project. Mostly,
I'm thinking in terms of qualification tasks. I see these other students
working hard on tight C programming; how could we let in a higher level
task like this?

I was also thinking of proposing a test engineering project (based on my
FATE work). But, again, that's a little too high level and I didn't want
to create multiple tiers of qualifications.

--
	-Mike Melanson