[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC with FFMpeg waht a combination!

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Mar 22 11:02:41 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 08:59:49PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> I think you're probably fighting the wrong battle in trying to get an
> official, cross-platform, FFmpeg/ffplay GUI built in a higher level
> language with advanced usability libraries accepted into the main
> codebase. FFmpeg works better as a backend library that outside projects
> build upon. As you may have noticed, you're up against a bunch of
> obsessively minimalist developers.

Which is why honestly I think this is the wrong place to develop _any_
kind of GUI, this is nothing any of us have much experience with and
honestly I do not yet see anyone of the main developers who I am convinced
will actually use and maintain that GUI.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger