[FFmpeg-devel] Update: IFF File Demuxer

Jai Menon realityman
Sat Mar 22 23:16:23 CET 2008

Hi,

I was working on an IFF demuxer and i have gotten to the point where it plays
IFF files containing 8SVX soundtreams ( as mentioned in the GSoC
Qualification task) properly. I have tested it on as many samples as i could
find, (basically from -> http://ftp.ticklers.org/pub/aminet/mods/smpl/)
It currently supports decoding of Fibonacci Delta Encoded streams only
alongwith uncompressed audio. I will add support for Exponential encoding the
moment i can find some samples.
Some files like -> http://ftp.ticklers.org/pub/aminet/mods/smpl/Pool.lha are
played perfectly (it doesn't play with  xine-lib, atleast on my system).
Demuxing of a number of other media as described in the IFF spec like ILBM
bitmaps, animations and 16SV support are still to be added, depending on
whether i can find some samples files. If you do know where i could find any
of these, i would be happy to add support.
Please do tell me if the code conforms to FFmpeg's style guidelines and the
corrections i need to make to that effect.

Regards
Jai Menon
<realityman at gmx.net>