[FFmpeg-devel] Update: IFF File Demuxer

Jai Menon realityman
Mon Mar 24 10:55:21 CET 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 20:44:35 Mike Melanson wrote:

> I don't think that's correct. 8SVX is the file type. There are several
> different audio encodings (PCM, Fibonacci, Exponential, apparently).

Hi Mike,
 sorry missed your post earlier, Yes, what you said is correct, and when we do
find some samples and i can finish testing the audio decoder, there will be a
new CODEC_ID, which can decode Fibonacci and Exponential encoded bitstreams.
Uncompressed samples will be passed on to the PCM decoder like its done now.

Actually finding samples is so tough because nobody really used
this "compression" scheme......the data rate is halved and it sounds like
some heavy filtering has been applied to it......not good for musical samples
i guess.

Regards
Jai Menon
<realityman at gmx.net>