[FFmpeg-devel] Update: IFF 8SVX Demuxer Patch rev2

Dennis Meuwissen dennis.meuwissen
Mon Mar 24 11:03:52 CET 2008

Jai Menon wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008 22:03:19 Dennis Meuwissen wrote:
>
>> Here's a few, taken from some old Amiga disks. I don't know if they use
>> the compression schemes you're after but they're 8svx.
>>

> Hi Dennis
> Thanks for the samples. The good thing, well if you are an Amiga junkie, is
> that they all work with the iff demuxer patch :-)
> Then again, these aren't compressed so we can't test the decoder as of
> now.........:-(
> But really, i wouldn't expect such samples to be compressed anyway, too much
> loss of quality.
>
> Anyway, i hope that the patch is useful to atleast somebody.
> I think i'll write my own compressor then :-), have a deadline to meet....

The samples were from and old Amiga program, Audiomaster IV. It can read
raw and 8svx files, as well
as write compressed ones like this one:
http://members.home.nl/meuwissenth/dasboot-in-compressed
I forgot to look beyond what samples were included, so I hope it should
be more useful.

Regards,
       Dennis