[FFmpeg-devel] GoC 2008 and H264 SVC decoder

Robert Marston rmarston
Mon Mar 24 12:32:40 CET 2008

Hi all

I was wondering if it were possible to add a qualification task for an
H.264 SVC decoder for the FFMPEG project. This is something I am
interested in developing. I know Jakob Rieckh sent an email a while back
stating he was interested in doing this but from what I can tell he has
since changed his mind about the project.

I realize there has been no formal specification released adding to
H.264 but judging by discussion on the JVT experts mailing list,
http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/jvt-site/2007_06_Geneva/JVT-X201.zip is the
near final draft of the amendment. At the very least I would be looking
for a decoder capable of playing back the streams encoded using the JVT
SVC reference software.

Best Regards
Robert Marston