[FFmpeg-devel] GoC 2008 and H264 SVC decoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Mar 24 19:24:33 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 03:07:18PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 03:37:01PM +0200, Robert Marston wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > We have plenty of bugs in H.264 which need fixing (see roundup, the
> > > mailinglist and just ask here). Also we still need a AVParser for h.264 which
> > > fixes up all timestamps exactly and correctly from H.222 input.
> > > I think these things could be a qualification task.
> > >

> > Would implementing the AVParser be useful
>
> Well strictly we have a AVParser for h.264 it just doesnt fix the timestamps.
> And yes it would be usefull, h264 in mpeg-ps/ts needs it, currently it
> produces random timestamps from the user apps point of view though

We do not have an AVParser for the format used in mov though, and if I
understand the issue with
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/h264/PAFF/Cam_PAL_D1_inter_Field_25fps_2.5MBS.mp4
correctly we would need one for that as well.
I think this would be rather little effort, but not completely sure...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger