[FFmpeg-devel] GOM Player on the Blacklisted Projects

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Mar 24 19:56:44 CET 2008

Thanks for not top-posting.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:53:33AM +0900, ??? Ethan Park wrote:
> [...]

We have not yet investigated this in detail, but I notice the following
issues:

- The source code tarball contains no license file.
- It's completely unclear which version of FFmpeg your code is based on
  and what changes you made.

- There are a bunch of files with incompatible licenses, namely

skl_dct.h
skl_dct.c
i386/skl_dct_sse.asm
i386/skl_dct_sse2.asm
i386/skl_nasm.h

/********************************************************
 * Some code. Copyright (C) 2003 by Pascal Massimino.   *
 * All Rights Reserved.      (http://skal.planet-d.net) *
 * For Educational/Academic use ONLY. See 'LICENSE.TXT'.*
 ********************************************************/

You seem to be using these illegally.  There is no LICENSE.TXT file
included in the zip file you provide.

Then there are these two files:

i386/skl_fdct_mmx.asm
i386/skl_fdct_sse2.asm

These files are licensed under the GPL, not the LGPL.  You ship the
binary together with the LGPL license, but by using these two files all
of the binary is covered by the GPL, not the LGPL.

Furthermore, this does not appear to be the source code for the complete
application.

Diego