[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC application question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 24 20:15:49 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 05:03:27PM +0100, Laszlo Szilagyi wrote:
>  Dear FFmpeg!
>
> I'm an electrical engineer student in my 4th year from Hungary (BUTE),
> studying mainly about embedded system design, digital signal processing, and
> of course the programming tools in connection with these fields. I've heard
> about the "Google Summer Of Code", and the projects FFmpeg offers caught my
> attention. I've got interested in the various types of encoders, (for
> example DTS) and before I send my application I would like to know if my
> qualification is sufficient for the various tasks.
>
> My studies/experiences:
[...]
> With this background what can you recommend me, before I create my
> application? Plese contact me!

Pick what you like to work on, i really cant guess what would be best.
And i think that working on what one likes to work on is at least as
good for success than working on what one knows most about. Off course
picking something you know nothing about isnt a good idea either. ...

Also you _need_ to finish a qualification task if you want to be accepted
for ffmpeg-gsoc.
see (http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2008)

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator