[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC application question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 24 21:27:11 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 01:39:40AM +0530, sathvik L wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Laszlo Szilagyi <
> laszlo.szilagyi.home at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I like for example the DTS stuff (DTS Encoder), I had a look at the white
> > paper, and I'm quite familiar with the filters/maths there, but I've never
> > dealt with DTS before. I've learned that I need to finish a qualification
> > task, but how much time will I have to accomplish that?
> > Laszlo
> >

> You will have to finish the qualification task by April 11 th .

This means your code must pass review before the 11th. and you like everyone
else will need several patch submit-review cycles. So submit it as early as
possible.
And yes the dates are from google, we must choose applications (and thus
students) before googles deadline. So we have no choice but whatever is
submitted after that cant be considered anymore ... complain to google if
you dislike it ...

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope