[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC with FFMpeg waht a combination!

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Tue Mar 25 11:44:42 CET 2008

Uoti Urpala wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 22:47 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:18:00PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
>>
>>> That's a fucked up table... there are 32 KiB of pointers to
>>> strings and 32 KiB of actual strings (I assume you meant Ki, not
>>> k)? Assuming 4-byte
>>
>> I didnt mean kiddy byte no.
>
> Well no OS I know reads data in 4000 byte blocks...

Will you please stop trying to force the new terminology on those of us
who are quite happy with the existing terms?

There was no ambiguity in the context. Attempting to "correct" the
syntax to the one you prefer is not helpful, and indeed IMO is at very
best rude. I have, somewhat reluctantly, not been ranting against this
usage wherever I encounter it, on the principle that people are allowed
to use it if they want to no matter how much I dislike it; however, the
same applies in reverse, and I do object very strongly to having people
who prefer the revised syntax insist that the original one not be used.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer