[FFmpeg-devel] Correctly fill the SSRC field in RTP packets

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Mar 25 13:58:47 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've just realized that the RTP muxer currently fills the
SSRC field in RTP packets with 0, generating multiple RTP
streams with the same SSRC. Unless I misread RFC3550, this
is not ok, since different streams in the same session
should have different SSRCs.

The attached patch fills the SSRC field using the address
of the AVFormatContext, so that different streams in the
same session will have different SSRCs. I am posting the
patch instead of directly committing it because I do not
know if using the AVFormatContext address could be a problem
for security, or if there is some other drawback. If noone
objects, I'll commit the patch in 2 or 3 days.

			Thanks,
				Luca