[FFmpeg-devel] Correctly fill the SSRC field in RTP packets

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Mar 25 14:29:16 CET 2008

Hi Luca,

Luca Barbato wrote:
[...]
>> The attached patch fills the SSRC field using the address
>> of the AVFormatContext, so that different streams in the
>> same session will have different SSRCs.
>
> Would be better using the mersenne twister for the first and then
> increment it.
I think this would require some kind of "global context" (shared
between all the AVFormatContexts) for the counter, right? Wouldn't
this break multithreaded applications?

> In feng we use a strong random for most of the random
> filled fields to make even the most paranoid happy ^^;
I see that libavformat used to fill some fields (including SSRC)
with random(), but that was changed to 0 for some reason. So, I
am not sure if introducing random values again would be welcome
or not.

			Thanks,
				Luca