[FFmpeg-devel] GoC 2008 and H264 SVC decoder

Robert Marston rmarston
Tue Mar 25 17:03:22 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Well strictly we have a AVParser for h.264 it just doesnt fix the timestamps.
> And yes it would be usefull, h264 in mpeg-ps/ts needs it, currently it
> produces random timestamps from the user apps point of view though
I would like to attempt the AVParser for h.264 as one of the
qualification tasks but I am afraid I am unfamiliar with how FFMPEG
parsing works. I fear I may be barking up the wrong tree here so perhaps
someone can point me in the right direction. I believe
libavcodec/h264_parser.c is responsible for finding an H.264 frame and
libavcodec/parser.h is the base for all parsers implemented? If this is
the case I am not sure where exactly or how the time stamps are being
set randomly?

Forgive my ignorance and your help is appreciated
Robert