[FFmpeg-devel] ASM support for MACOSX 10.5: really?

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Mar 25 20:04:10 CET 2008

On 25/03/2008, vmrsss <vmrsss at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2008, at 14:53, ?smail D?nmez wrote:
>  > First of all try with gcc not gcc-4.2, static build works fine with
>  > gcc which is 4.0.1, if you want gcc 4.2 you'll have to do a 64bit
>  > build due to flac error you encountered. And to do 64bit build on
>  > MacOSX you need a patch that I posted to this list many times, a
>  > little search will find it.
>
> Thanks a lot Ismail! This helped. Indeed, using gcc the static build
>  goes through smoothly. With --enable-shared however, I still have
>  can't compile cavdsp_mmx and flacdsp_mmx:

These two are known. As I recall, for flac Loren said that it could be
done using less regs but it's faster the way it is and the issue isn't
the code, it's GCC's register allocation. Maybe this works in gcc 4.4?
I've just been disabling them at configure time for the moment.

Rob