[FFmpeg-devel] ASM support for MACOSX 10.5: really?

İsmail Dönmez ismail
Tue Mar 25 20:19:43 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM, vmrsss <vmrsss at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2008, at 14:53, ?smail D?nmez wrote:
>  > First of all try with gcc not gcc-4.2, static build works fine with
>  > gcc which is 4.0.1, if you want gcc 4.2 you'll have to do a 64bit
>  > build due to flac error you encountered. And to do 64bit build on
>  > MacOSX you need a patch that I posted to this list many times, a
>  > little search will find it.
>
>  Thanks a lot Ismail! This helped. Indeed, using gcc the static build
>  goes through smoothly. With --enable-shared however, I still have
>  can't compile cavdsp_mmx and flacdsp_mmx:

Yup these are Apple gcc bugs, should be reported through
http://bugreport.apple.com. 64bit helps because it has more registers
which workarounds the issue. You can compile any library as 64bit
with:

CC="gcc-4.2 -m64" ./configure --build=x86_64-apple-darwin9

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.