[FFmpeg-devel] GSoc: BFI Demuxer/Decoder

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka
Wed Mar 26 06:46:05 CET 2008

Hi,
The BFI patch is not yet working completely, but I've reached a plateau and
haven't been able to do much in the past couple of days...so if it's
possible, please have a look at the code and give your suggestions where it
might be going wrong.
1. ffmpeg -i displays the details of the file correctly right now
2. ffplay doesn't work. Doing a Valgrind memcheck reveals some serious
memory problem in the decoder. (t reveals some problems in line 41 of the
decoder)
3. The palette is not yet transported to the decoder from the demuxer - I've
read of various ways to do that and all but it's got a bit confusing...so I
think a few more specific advice based on the code below would really help
me a lot.
4. The audio should be working but it isn't.
I'm really sorry for submitting a non-ffplaying patch, but I seriously need
some help moving further...I'm just too confused with different ways of
doing the same thing in the various decoders/demuxers code that I have read.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Sisir Koppaka