[FFmpeg-devel] GoC 2008 and H264 SVC decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 26 14:07:33 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:30:08AM +0100, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
[...]
> > What are the issues?
>
> If I recall correctly, after solving lost of issues, the most important
> one remaining was the integration of the motion estimation. So, that
> would mean the the H.264 encoders' current motion estimation would have
> to be ripped out (that's the easy part) and replaced by using the motion
> estimation provided in motion_est.c.
>

> > What is the specific end goal of the qualification
> > task?
>
> Having it committed in SVN? :-) Or, well, probably just having the
> issues resolved I'd say.

quite vague ...

Id say making our motion estimation code useable without mpegenccontext.
Or making it support blocks smaller than 8x8. Would be something one
could attempt to do as qualification.
Getting the h264 encoder into commitable shape is unrealistic considering
the available time.

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates