[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-soc] [Patch]GSoC 2008 qualification task TS Muxer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Mar 26 14:58:26 CET 2008

Hi,

zhentan feng wrote:
> 2008/3/25, Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com>:
>> Hi,
>>

>>  zhentan feng wrote:
>>  > 2008/3/25, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>>  >> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:57:16AM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:
>>  >>  > 2008/3/25, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>>  >>
>>  >> [...]
>>  >>

>>  >>  they must be in a seperate patch. Not in the patch spliting the common PES
>>  >>  code out.
>>  >
>>  > yes, these are bugfixes.But it was modified by the student last year,not me.
>>

>> Some are, and I fixed pcr computation.
>>

>>  > The situation is that I just download the codes from
>>  > svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/soc/dvbmuxer
>>  > and I got 4 files mpegtsenc.c, mpegenc.c,mpegpesenc.c,mpegpes.h,which
>>  > are already bug
>>  > fixed for mpegtsenc.c against the svn-devl codes, and already
>>  > extracted some common codes.
>>  >
>>  > According to  baptiste.coudurie wrote in the early mail,I have just
>>  > extracted more common codes and do not do any functional changes.
>>  > As qualification task, I think I will do the next 2 things:
>>  >
>>  > 1.Test my codes , confirm it works correctly.
>>  > 2.Create different patches for different situation:
>>  >    i) create patches against  svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/soc/dvbmuxer to
>>  > show my changes from the last year's students.
>>

>> Yes, current TS muxer in soc is working, however mpegtsenc.c and
>>  mpegenc.c in soc svn shares too much code, you can see that already.
>>  Im not sure if code from ffmpeg svn mpegenc.c can be extracted right
>>  now, since It might not fit soc svn mpegtsenc.c code.
>>
>>  First work on soc svn, and adapt mpegenc.c or mpegtsenc.c code if
>>  needed. See flush_packet for example, it contains much common code. You
>>  have to decide if it is worth to merge both functions and handle TS and
>>  PS cases, or just rewrite a very small flush_packet for TS.
>>  'mpegpesenc.c' in soc svn should contain common functions, it already
>>  contains ff_pes_get_nb_frames for example, which is used by both muxer
>>  in soc svn.
>>

> hi,
> I have modified the 4 files and copy them to currently svn-devel codes
> repo,overwrote mpegtsenc.c and mpegenc.c in /libavformat folder and
> add mpegpesenc.c ,mpegpes.h.

Yes, but please send seperate patches for every function ? This should
make review easier, commit must be separate.

Can you please attach your patches non base64-encoded ? It will be
easier for me to review.

> Then I do "make"  to complie the changed files and have fixed some errors.
> Now, all the 4 files can be complie successfully.
> The patch against svn-soc is attached below.
>
> I know the code from svn-soc is bugfixes.
> So,I want to know how to test my changes are right and do not break
> the function of the mpegtsenc.c and mpegenc.c against svn-soc?

You can know using FFmpeg svn, if new code is breaking regressions tests
(make fulltest), then it's broken.

> what's the sign of the codes can work correctly?
> Are there any sample files to play or some tools to judge it?

Not many that I know about unfortunately. PS muxer works great though.

SMARTJOG SAS                                     http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312