[FFmpeg-devel] Experimental MSVC port

Brian Brice bbrice
Wed Mar 26 16:49:43 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:19:08AM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>  > Ole Andre Vadla Ravn?s wrote:
>  > > Not much, just bits and pieces of C99, very trivial stuff.
>  >
>  > Gear up for a long battle, my friend. :)
>
>  Well, it seems rather clear to me that full MSVC support is extremely
>  unlikely to ever make it into SVN, but a few things are likely to be
>  acceptable and maybe someone knows a compiler options that well get rid
>  of some more...

I think some of the changes in this patch are a bit dramatic, perhaps
too specialized for his purpose.

A while back, I had attempted to port ffmpeg over to MSVC and was
"partially" successful.  Some of the files that I didn't want to deal
with changing (e.g. massive inline assembly and/or massive C99
specific stuff), I made MinGW/gcc compile and linked in with MSVC.

--
Brian Brice
http://www.heapify.org/