[FFmpeg-devel] Experimental MSVC port

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Mar 26 22:58:49 CET 2008

Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Now, about the SoC projects... Which ones have already been taken?
> How many people are qualified, and how is it decided who gets what
> project? Do we know already how many slots there are?

None have been "taken". We won't decide until everyone has been given an
opportunity to qualify. According to my notes, 4 students are presently
qualified (including you). 13 more are vying.

After the app submission deadline, and before the April 11 selection
deadline, the FFmpeg GSoC shadow council, chaired by the uber-mentor
(Michael), will decide who gets to do which project based on a number of
factors of our choosing, including (but not limited to): qualification
task performance, number of slots expected to be allocated by Google,
qualification task quality, past performance in GSoC program,
qualification task communication, and we might also use your application
to fill in some gaps.

> I've been away for the past few days and haven't read up on what's being
> decided for SoC.
>
> I'm interested in (this order):
> - MXF muxer;
> - Apple Lossless encoder;
> - MPEG-4 ALS audio encoder;
> - Nellymoser encoder.

Submit an app for each one. You can use a lot of copy and pasting to
ease the chore.

> How are we supposed to submit applications to Google? The deadline is next
> Monday, right?

Yes.

--
	-Mike Melanson