[FFmpeg-devel] Experimental MSVC port

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 26 23:10:51 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 02:58:49PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Ramiro Polla wrote:
> > Now, about the SoC projects... Which ones have already been taken?
> > How many people are qualified, and how is it decided who gets what
> > project? Do we know already how many slots there are?
>
> None have been "taken". We won't decide until everyone has been given an
> opportunity to qualify. According to my notes, 4 students are presently
> qualified (including you).

yes

> 13 more are vying.

i have 16 in my list, did i count anyone twice? ;)

here are all 20:
Sascha              RL2
Marcondes           VIVO demuxer
andi                MLP patch cleanup
thilani             MLP patch cleanup? (said so after andi)
Ramiro              mimic
Alexander Strange   SSE2 IDCT
Deep Pal            optimal mjpeg huffman table
Bartlomiej          YOP Playback System / finish E-AC3
Indrani             YOP Playback System (said so after Bartlomiej
                                         but Bartlomiej works on EAC3 currently)
Abhishek Bhatt      finish j2k decoder
zhentan feng        TS muxer
kevin dubois        m95 decoder
Sisir Koppaka       BFI playback subsystem
Jai Menon           IFF/8svx amiga demuxer
Reynaldo H. Verdejo finish QCELP decoder
Eli Friedman        ARMovie/RPL demuxer (or was this patch unrelated to gsoc?)
Robert Marston      H.264 bugfixes
Sathvik L           Edit list support
kostya (prequal)
marco  (prequal)

> After the app submission deadline, and before the April 11 selection
> deadline, the FFmpeg GSoC shadow council, chaired by the uber-mentor
> (Michael), will decide who gets to do which project based on a number of

:))

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin