[FFmpeg-devel] Ogg regression broken on PowerPC

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Mar 26 23:51:01 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:29:58PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Does this difference disappear with -ffloat-store ?
>> No. The same test shows a difference when I recompile with -ffloat-store.
>
> Just to make sure we are not misunderstanding each other
> x86 -ffloat-store and ppc -ffloat-store have different checksums?

I was only testing on PPC on this round. Both with and without checksums
resulted in a file that deviates (both in size and MD5 hash) from the
official one (which I assume is generated with x86).

Do you want me to do -ffloat-store on both x86 and PPC and see if they
produce the same results?

--
	-Mike Melanson