[FFmpeg-devel] Reduce the size of AVRtpPayloadTypes

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 27 13:32:38 CET 2008

Hi M?ns,

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
>
>> Since I am touching such table, I also changed "const char enc_name[50];"
>> to "const char *enc_name;" (I believe this change is ok, and it removes
>> the arbitrary "50" size). I'll commit this change separately.
>
> This changes the type from array to pointer.  This will change the result
> of sizeof, but should otherwise be safe.

Yes, my change "moves" the strings out of the structure. I believe in this
case the difference does not really matter, but I do not know what other
people's preferences are (is it preferred to have the string inside the
structure, or is the pointer ok? I slightly prefer the pointer, because it
does not force to create a limit for the size of the string).

In this case, the size of the structure is not relevant: I proposed this
change just to remove the arbitrary "50".

				Thanks,
					Luca