[FFmpeg-devel] Interest in Apple Lossless Encoder and JPEG 2000 Encoder and Decoder as Quanlification Task

Lily Zhang lilyruo
Sat Mar 29 06:05:11 CET 2008

Dear All,

My name is Lily, a graduate students in EE, focusing on Multimedia and image
processing. I am very interested in the project: Apple Lossless Encoder. I
have been working on H.264 codec design in the past 2 years. Most of my work
is on video/image compression(MPEG/JPEG codec design, DSC coding), but I
really wanna do sth. on audio in GoSoc. I should say I am quite familiar
with the codec structure and the popular video and audio standards.

As for the qualification task, I would like to work on JPEG 2000 Encoder and
Decoder. I noticed that Abhishak is working on the decoder part, and I would
like to take up the encoder part. I have already implemented Jpeg encoder
myself, so I think it will be a good start point.

Can anyone give some info on at what state the code is? What features you
would like me to implement?

yours,
Lily

--
Ruoruo Zhang(Lily)
Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering