[FFmpeg-devel] Flac encoder and MPEG4 ALS

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 29 14:32:33 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 06:49:30PM +0000, Jai Menon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started some basic work on the MPEG4 ALS encoder and I get the feeling that
> I could reuse a lot of code from the flac encoder. So (hypothetically ;-)) if
> I were to submit a patch, is it okay if I move some code out of flacenc.c to
> a shared source file?

Of course! Code duplication is always bad ...
Note though that moving code must be in seperate patches, never in a patch
which does functional changes to any code.
Also note svn cp for spliting files while preserving history with svn.

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire