[FFmpeg-devel] [dcoffin at cybercom.net: The RCA VOC format is solved!]

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Mar 29 16:40:22 CET 2008

This might be interesting to some people around here...

----- Forwarded message from dcoffin at cybercom.net -----

From: dcoffin at cybercom.net
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:02:49 -0400
To: audacity-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, dbamp at dbpoweramp.com
Cc: Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>, support at winamp.com
Subject: The RCA VOC format is solved!

Hello!

     Some of your users have requested support for RCA
VOC audio files generated by their pocket voice recorder.
This is not related to the Creative Labs VOC format.  I
worked almost three months deciphering RCA VOC, and this
morning I finally solved it.

     Read more and download the source code here:

	http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/rca/

     I made the code GPL, so you can go ahead and include
it in any open-source application.  For closed-source apps
there will be a license fee (sorry, I need to eat).

     The code is all mine, but the algorithms within are
probably plastered with software patents, as with any non-
trivial coding scheme.

				Dave Coffin  3/28/2008

----- End forwarded message -----