[FFmpeg-devel] Qualification Task-PAF Playback System

Lily Zhang lilyruo
Sat Mar 29 20:45:37 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Lily Zhang wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to work on PAF Playback System for Qualification Task. I
> came
> > across the following errors when I compile the paf_coder provide on
> > http://cyxdown.free.fr/pafdec.
>
> Valiant effort, taking on the PAF task. A few things I would like to
> note, however:
>
> * I have not had time to fully document the PAF format in the Wiki and
> will not have a chance to for at least a few more days. Some of what I
> have written is probably wrong.

  Thank you for reminding me.

> * I am trying to understand the format based on the free decoder. If you
> would like to try to work with that to understand the format, more power
> to you. Do not plagiarize it, though, as the license is ambiguous.

   I am considering shifting to another format...

> * There is only one, incomplete PAF sample available. I am working my
> contacts to get more, though.

  :)

> If you still want to work on this task, I'm sure it's completely doable.
> However, I have added some more game-related qual. tasks recently as well.
> --

  I am wondering which one you could suggest to start with(more samples,
fully documented). (Many of them are claimed already.)

Regards,
Lily