[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] qualification task: SSE2 IDCT

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Sun Mar 30 15:25:15 CEST 2008

Hi!

Sunday 30 March 2008 09:37-kor Alexander Strange ezt ?rta:
> * skal should license his idct under LGPL so I can port it from nasm
> without having to #ifdef it!

Skal was very helpful in this regard, when I asked the same thing about his
sse2 fdct a few years ago(on a sidenote, I didn't submit his code though,
because I found the sse2 fdct in ffmpeg quite similar speedwise, and it's the
same algorithm too).

Also if Alexander gets skal to donate his code under LGPL, will it satisfy the
qualification task requirement, as skal's idct iirc is in fact very similar
to app note 922/945 ? :)

bye
Denes