[FFmpeg-devel] Flac encoder and MPEG4 ALS

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Mar 30 16:00:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

Justin Ruggles wrote:
> Benjamin Zores wrote:
>> Kostya a ?crit :

>>> Just curious - is it possible now to distinguish ALS from ordinary AAC in mp4
>>> container without extra hack (i.e. looking into extradata)?
>> Using audio-only, it can be contained in WAVE/AIFF/BWF container with
>> 'A' 'L' 'S' 0x00 FourCC but I can't tell for MP4.
>
> I don't know a lot about MP4 yet.  The object type ID is 36....don't
> know if that makes it easy to distinguish.

I see, this is mpeg-4 audio object type, not mpeg-4 system object type,
which is still 0x40 for 14496-3.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312