[FFmpeg-devel] Eliminating long

Jay L. T. Cornwall jay
Mon Mar 31 01:37:00 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> Likewise, I can guarantee that FFmpeg's own developers have made
>> assumptions about type sizes all over the code base that violate the
>> standard.

> If you point them out I am sure they will be fixed in short order.

I'm not going to waste developers' time with deviations from the C
standard that will never have an impact in a real scenario.

The text you quoted justifies why striving for idealism is a waste of
one's time. It's not a comment on the quality of the FFmpeg code base.

--
Jay L. T. Cornwall
http://www.jcornwall.me.uk/