[FFmpeg-devel] MacOS X Compile error with swscale

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Mar 31 03:31:47 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 05:48:05PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 05:25:05PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> > It is trying to use MMX2 code, not MMX code.  You could add
>> > --disable-mmx2 to the command line to make compilation go through
>> > or try the patch I created to fix the situation.
>>
>> MMX2 implicates MMX.
>> Having the defines for MMX2 set but not the ones for MMX is a bug in
>> configure IMO.
>
> That one is fixed easily.

But is it really a bug?  Sure, any CPU with MMX2 also supports MMX,
but I can imagine someone wishing to disable only MMX while keeping
MMX2 code.  Never underestimate the obscurity of people's needs.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com