[FFmpeg-devel] Eliminating long

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Mar 31 03:47:01 CEST 2008

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> writes:

> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 23:40 +0100, Jay L. T. Cornwall wrote:
>> issue; unfortunately the C specification is lax enough to permit that
>> for the long type.

The C specification is intentionally lax about a lot of things, which
is why it has become the language of choice for practically all
real work.

>> There's no way to detect how the structure was built from C#.

Seems like you're saying there is no way to correctly use C#.  Thanks
for the confirmation of what I've always suspected, but never bothered
to investigate.

> The C specification allows varying size for basically everything except
> the intXX_t types, including 'int'.

And the intXX_t types are optional in C99 (but not in POSIX).

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com