[FFmpeg-devel] GOM Player on the Blacklisted Projects

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Mar 31 15:49:38 CEST 2008

Sorry, I thought I had sent this mail off earlier, but apparently I
hadn't...

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:48:01AM +0900, ??? Ethan Park wrote:
> [...]

You are still in violation of licensing terms.

When I first downloaded the diff file on 2008-03-27, it was corrupted.
This seems to have been fixed now.

The diff file you have for download is not created in a way that makes
it useful.  It is very cumbersome to handle because it covers all the
metadata of the Subversion revision control system and all files that
were removed instead of changed.  Tell your engineers that the command
'svn diff' is able to produce the correct output without all this hassle.

The revision numbers you state on the web page are wrong.  You are based
on a much older version of FFmpeg.  Note that above you said

  Original source:
    libavcodec version 51.40.4
    libavutil version 49.4.0

and now the web page states

  Original source :
    libavcodec : version 51.40.0 Revision 9286
    libavutil : version 51.40.0 Revision 9286

Naturally, both statements cannot be correct at the same time.  I looked
quickly at the changes the diff file contains and you are clearly not
based on revision 9286, but on a much earlier version.

So to answer your question: You are still not in compliance with FFmpeg
licensing terms.  Fix the issues I pointed out above and we can continue
talking.

best regards

Diego Biurrun