[FFmpeg-devel] check for execution without $EXESUF due to issuewith msys/mingw

Axel Holzinger aholzinger
Mon Mar 31 19:01:17 CEST 2008

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 06:55:46PM +0100, Axel Holzinger wrote:
> >
> > configure checks for ability to execute files in $TMPDIR,
> > but msys/mingw (32 bit msys under Vista x64) has problems
> > to execute shell scripts with ".exe" $EXESUF extension
> > (output in config.err: bad interpreter: Bad file number).
> >
> > This patch fixes the issue by defining new variable $TMPSS
> > (temporary shell script) that omits $EXESUF at the end of
> > the filename.
>
> I implemented something similar.  Basically the same thing,
> but calling it TMPSH.  I didn't look at your patch though.

This is fine. Whether you looked at my patch or not doesn't
matter at all. It's fixes what we all are interested in, not
credits.

And TMPSH is much nicer ;-)

Cheers
Axel