[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Qualification Period Extended

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Mar 31 23:40:22 CEST 2008

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>> The application deadline is today (/5:00 PM PDT /
>> 00:00 UTC April 1, 2008/), so make sure you submit your applications in
>> time!
>
> Google just announced an extension for the submission deadline. The new
> deadline for student applications is Monday, April 7, 2008. They
> mentioned that the rest of the schedule would also slip by a week, but I
> will wait until the official timeline is updated before announcing that
> there is more time to work on qualification tasks.
>
> Back to work!

Google has updated its timeline so that all of its dates are pushed back
by a week:

http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline

So the final student selections are to be made on April 18. Try to have
the code from your qualification task committed to FFmpeg SVN well
before then, of course.

Great news, overall. We appreciate getting more free labor out of you
students. :)

--
	-Mike Melanson