[FFmpeg-devel] TEXTRELs in fft_mmx.asm

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Mon Nov 3 07:42:12 CET 2008

Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu> writes:

> If it's just to stop selinux from complaining at you, then screw it,
> I'm not willing to spend any code on that.

Would some configure switch sacrificing performance for avoiding
textrels be acceptable for you?

I can understand that selinux, pax and similar security urges to severe
compromises. However at least some users are willing to give up 20-40%
performance if they gain some security benefit. For these users I'm
considering building yet another variant, if it was a matter of
selecting some switch for the configure switch. [1]

Before starting any work on this, I'd like to know if that would be
acceptable for inclusion at all.

[1] this is not going to be trivial either, but I have an idea how this
could be implemented in the packaging in a way that installs a version
with textrels by default, but offers replacement packages for users that
need it.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4