[FFmpeg-devel] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Nov 3 13:02:33 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 10:39:01PM -0500, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:27:43 +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> >Hi Reimar D?ffinger!

> >> Since those files (again AFAIK) do not play right that is a bad idea.
> >

> after this message was added i noticed blips/tears in the videos

so your videos show artifacts every time anything is printed?

> >Eh? I've got tons of files which display this message in recent version
> >of mplayer. Not tens, but hundreds; in fact, I think that most older avi
> >files display this message. Of course they play back without any
> >noticeable issues, and never had any before that message started
> >appearing. At some point I became very annoyed and hacked source to
> >disable this message.
> >
> >+1 for making it DEBUG message..
>
> yes, it gets 2x annoying when using -demuxer lavf
> since you get the demuxer message too.

WARNING is correct, DEBUG is not correct, you can check libavutil/log.h
for the definition of both.
If someone sends a patch that makes it printed just once per file i dont
mind approving that but just because its common doesnt mean its not a
warning or wont possibly cause problems.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato