[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Proposal regarding cleaning up our samples collection

Ivo ivop
Wed Nov 5 01:30:41 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 00:17, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 09:50:33PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> > Before I actually start working on it, I want to share the following
> > proposal with the developers on both ffmpeg-devel and mplayer-dev-eng.
> > It has been based on the ideas put forward by Aurelien and Michael.
> >
> > Filename conventions: ( [] means optional, "" means literal )
> >
> > [issue000001-]container-vcodec-acodec-[subtitles-]filename.extension
> > [issue000001-]"image"-format-filename.extension
[..]
> > Example:
> >
> > all/issue000001-avi-mpeg4-mp3-ass-fubar.avi
[..]
> > Any comments, suggestions, opinions?
>
> comments,
> files can contain only video or only audio, they can contain more than
> 1 video or audio codec.

New filename proposal:

audio/video files:

[ ("ff_"|"mp_") "issue" "%06d" "+" ]
container "+"
[ vcodec [ "-" vcodec ]* "+" ]
[ acodec [ "-" acodec ]* "+" ]
[ subtitles [ "-" subtitles ]* "+" ]
text.ext

Example:

mp_issue000123+nut+mpeg4-snow+mp3-dts-pcm+ass-srt+broken_stream_switching.nut

image files:

[ ("ff_"|"mp_") "issue" "%06d" "+" ]
"image" "+"
("single"|"multi") "+"
format "+"
text.ext

Example:

ff_issue00321+image+multi+gif+framerate_mismatch.gif

> Also it likely makes sense to keep/have additional directores like
> idct_rounding_artifacts
> old_divx
> AV_sync_issues
> non_interleaed_avi
> all_audio_in_single_chunk_avi

Yes. I do not plan on automatically convert the whole current repository.
It's my intent to do it on a directory by directory basis and output to a
new tree. I can easily add another top-level directory with more
descriptive issues currently available, like:

problems/idct_rounding_artifacts/fubar.avi@

--Ivo